Apple's original AirPort wireless networking technology lets you surf the Internet from almost anywhere in your home, and enables schools to provide Internet access to multiple students without installing expensive cabling.*
With AirPort-enabled Macintosh systems, it's a snap to exchange files or play multiplayer games at data transfer rates of up to 11 megabits per second. And because AirPort uses radio waves for communication, it can even work through walls.
Since AirPort antennas are built into most new computers from Apple, all you need to add is an internal AirPort Card for each system you want to bring onto your wireless network, and an AirPort Base Station.
The AirPort Base Station provides a wireless connection between Macintosh systems with AirPort cards and your Internet connection. It can be used in conjunction with a telephone line through a modem, or with an Ethernet connection (such as for a cable modem, DSL modem, or Ethernet network) through the integrated Ethernet port.
Using the AirPort Base Station, up to 10 users can work and play on the Internet simultaneously up to 150 feet away from a phone line or Ethernet connection.*
*Wireless Internet access requires a compatible connection and ISP (fees may apply). Some ISPs are not currently compatible with AirPort, including America Online. Range will vary with site conditions.
This card will work with the following Apple computers:
- iMac G3 (Slot Loading) (requires adapter)
- iMac G3 (Summer 2000) (requires adapter)
- iMac G3 (Early 2001) (requires adapter)
- iMac G3 (Summer 2001) (requires adapter)
- iMac G4 (15″ Flat Panel, All Versions)
- iMac G4 (17″ Flat Panel, 800Mhz Version)
- eMac 700/800MHz G4 (first generation)
- iBook (All models, except G4)
- Power Mac G4 (AGP)
- Power Mac G4 Cube
- Power Mac G4 (Gigabit Ethernet)
- Power Mac G4 (Digital Audio)
- Power Mac G4 (QuickSilver)
- Power Mac G4 (QuickSilver 2002)
- Power Mac G4 (Mirrored Drive Doors)
- PowerBook G3 (FireWire)
- PowerBook G4
- PowerBook G4 (Gigabit Ethernet)
- PowerBook G4 (DVI)
- PowerBook G4 (Titanium 1 GHz/867 MHz)